Thursday, December 07, 2006

 




These should be pics of my log cabin quilts that I made in the shape of wreaths. And a tree star thing that my son in law sprinkled with acrylic orange colored paint. They are small dots that only I can see. It made it special..

Where has the time gone? Mom has conceded to go into a studio apartment until the assisted living place has a one bed room. I think this will be good for her. So she can have more people around and things to do. She is moving on the 20th.

Sophie is holding on.. Sophie is my katina rescue dog that has had surgery for colon cancer a year ago. She is now having seizures occasionally but still has some very good days of running and chasing her ball and carrying her doll baby around. She just tells you when she has had enough walking. The other two just go along with what ever Sophie wants to do.. They know..

I'm almost finish with Christmas gifts... And Geoff is all involved with getting his motorcycle fixed from the Accident that he had just 200 feet from our house.. Neighbor ran into him as he sat at the stop sign. Neighbor had been bending over to catch his coffe cup that had spilled as he made the turn into our street. Luck and grace were with Geoff letting him avoid being hit in the head with the truck mirror and stepping off into the ditch as the truck hit the bike. Verry Very lucky.

My sewing machine was in for a cleaning.. got it back monday... And it is acting crazy.. Needle down gives me 5 stitches.. It doesn't run slowly..only 90 miles a minute and gets stuck in the needle down position. The repair guy is out of town til Friday..

So I'm cutting up scraps and hand quilting a small wall hanging of an Ohio Star in Holiday colors.
Have a great day...

Comments:
Hi Sharon, I love your christmas quilts! Especially the one with orange spray paint!! That makes that one very special indeed..*VBS*

Sorry to hear about Sophie's bad days, but I guess that goes with the territory. God bless you for rescuing her after the ordeal of that storm.

Not sure with your machine, but it sounds like it might be the "brushes". Just a thought, if that, it would need to be seen by a repair person who could replace them. I've heard they wear down.

Glad to hear you are continuing to hand quilt. It is a relaxing thing, I think, especially with the bigger stitches.
Christmas gifts? Nary a one bought as yet...bad Finn! Hugs, Finn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?