Sunday, November 05, 2006

 
Where have I been and where has this past week gone... I've only managed to complete a little over half of the quilting on the sunshine and shadow quilt. booo hooo...

Worries about my mother have ruined my week.. She call Wednesday night.. Oh, your sister C is going out of town and leaving me alone. She is 82 and failing in inches. "Sharon, I can't see. I've got an infection.. Your sister ...(other sister we'll label her L )said to see if you can come and stay." I hem and haw and my husband say.. Oh, I'll be fine with the dogs.. You take one with you and I can manage cats and dogs and still go to work.. no problem.. So Thursday morning I pack and head south to Lake Worth to my sister's house and find my mother in her hospital type bed naked. Have you had breakfast.. No.. It's one oclock in the afternoon. So I make her get up and get something for her to eat.. My sister C leaves her with a great dane and a cat to take care of .. What is C thinking.. Put the animals in a kennel or something.. C's son could come and check on things.. Well, I discover.. I've left my bp meds and thyroid meds at home.. I've got one days worth of pills with me.. Is this a slip or what.. I had planned to stay till Tuesday when C was to be back.. So I figure in two days or so I can help and keep things floating.. I take care of dog as best i can.. It pee's all over my sister's house.. It's 8 years old and is sickeningly thin.. She is such a witch.. C is so self centered.. Oh, I want to scream.. So I get her to doctor's on Friday.. Think I've gotten her meds from phramcy and make sure she has easy food to fix.. I leave friday afternoon.. Call me if you need anything. I'll drive back the 2 hours and over 115 miles. Talk to her Saturday.. My sister L came from her end another 80 or so miles because the dog messed again.. She does the same things I did .. food.. dogs... clean up and calls C's son and says you keep the animals.. That should be a big joke. In the mean time the doctor on friday said he was ordering home health aid and physical therap.. L calls to make sure that's really happening.. Mom complains that C doesn't want anyone other than family in her house... You have to understand C is shallow as anything.. Has this 3000 sq ft West Palm home .. You know the kind.. fancy furniture and tiled floors.. niknaks all over the place.. Full of junk to me... She cares more about her stuff than she does about people in her family.. It's all about her.. How great she looks at 59... skinny.. sexy... looks rich.. but poor as a church mouse in my book.. Okay so I'm venting.. But that's what blogger is for.. .. Oh, I could just scream.. L and I are trying to get mom into accessed living.. I think she needs nursing home care.. I could not figure out her pills.. She is taking vicoden and bp meds and thyroid meds. and supplements by the hand fulls.. I think her pills are killing her.. making her confused... too.
So that's the week I'm having...and feeling guilty that I cannot scoop her up and make it all right.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?