Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 


Okay, my house, my log cabin, my home looks like a tornado went off in it. It's not totally filty. It's just cluttered to the nenth degree. My quiling started migrating out of the boys bedroom that I took over several years ago as everyone was married and moved on. I wanted more sunlight. So down to the great room I moved one machine and trucked up and down to the ironing board.. ?Then the ironing board moved on down stairs.. Then boxes of stuff and a folding cutting table. And the then the design wall. Yes, you can find some table surface to feed two.. maybe three ... But it's all lost.. The living / great room is lost under stuff. I need to reshuffle this stuff.. I keep saying when I finish this latest quilt.. I'm down to hand quilting three sides of the border and binding.. I can see the end.. Then I started doing these little postcard things.. Oh, these will make cute little things to add to Christmas gift baskets that I do.. Oh, I need serious help. And next week my husband takes a week of vacation to finish painting the window trim on all those windows that were replaced last year as part of our hurricane repairs.. Oh, Lord grant me strength. I need an organizer and someone to help me purge ...also to help my husband purge his ancient collection of his life....

Comments:
Hi Susan, the ATC's are looking wonderful...very artistic!! They will be great greeting cards, I think *VBS*
And as always, I'm loving the TATW quilt. Did you find the utility stitching went faster for you?? I hope so.
About the clutter, I have it too. So much stuff not put away. It all(or nearly all) has a place where it goes, but it's not been picked up and put back there.
Maybe an hour a day? Just as much as you can get done in an hour? Or maybe an hour a.m. and one p.m.??? You have had alot of other stuff to deal with, ya know???
No matter what, I'm sure it feels like home to you and DH and your fur babies...*VBS* And that's always good!! The rest is just "stuff". Hang in there, Hugs, Finn
 
When things are out and about, they are being used and enjoyed. I have given up trying to be organized or tidy. It's just me. Here in Fl I have converted my dining room into a sewing room. Of course it overflows into other rooms too. :)
 
What is an ATC? I remember seeing postcards folks were making, but cannot find it now, maybe you can direct me to some instructions? These you have look great, so colorful. I really like the quilt colors. It sounds like you are getting ready for some heavy-duty sewing time, are you making Christmas presents?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?