Saturday, November 11, 2006

 
Migraine from hell yesterday.. And 45 minutes of listen to sister C bitch and moan at me about how much she has done for the past 10 years ... Oh, God give me strength. and Blessing to deal with this crap... I am bowing out of it.. Sister L, T and J can jump in. Mom will do what she wants.. I sorry her brother died on the 8th... Her sister died on July 23rd. So she had every right to be depressed and sad. Today is the 5 year anniversay of her husbands death.. So she can be as sad and lonely as she wants.. I did call and she got out of bed and took her morning meds. So she is moving that is a good thing..
Now I'm off to do some shopping and celebrating Veteran's Day.. Yes, I am a veteran and so is my husband. So was my dad... was on the Quincey when it was sunk on Aug 9th w 1942.. he survived. What a great guy.. I miss him so much.. Miss his hugs and kisses and wisdom and kindness. Great patriot and loved his family. Okay, enough or I'll be crying over my no beer here..

Comments:
Hey Susan, great idea to ditch the "gloom peddlars"...sure don't need that. Plenty to moan about just living day to day!! Good for you tho! And a high five!!
Anyone who has lost such close family members has a right to however they feel.
I'm sure your sisters haven't walked a mile in your mom's shoes.
My sincere thanks to you and DH and DF for your service on our behalf...a job we ignore all too frequently.
Hope you head feels better soon. Give yourself lots of credit and a few big hugs from me, Finn *VBS*
 
Just found your blog. I'm down here in FL for the winter. I live in the central part of the state in a senior park. I have a dog named Kipper and loved seeing your dogs. I feel for your problems regarding your mother. My dad was in assisted living for five years and then nuring home for another five years. He had bone and skin disorders and mobility became a real problem. He used an electric cart in the independent living and eventually was bed ridden in the nursing home. But he stayed positive and I did the best I could for him. He was 93 years old when he died. I was his only living relative and sometimes I wondered if it would have been easier if I had brothers and sisters to help. But after listening to your story, perhaps I was lucky. I hope you find a good solution for everyone and wish you the best.
 
Hi Susan, I see it got it right in this post as least. Please forgive my senior moment there..I truly do KNOW you are my Susan B...have NO clue why I would have said sharon...so sorry. THanks for taking it so well..*S* Hugs, Finn

ps..Katie is a swell gal also. She's a Michigan snow bird that I met last winter in blogland..check her blog out if you'd like.
 
I see clicking on my name in comments will not take you to my quilting site. Go to Finn's and click on Mismatched Quilter. See ya!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?