Saturday, October 14, 2006

 
Okay, the disaster of the fannel quilts.. I bound them with dark kelly green fannel.. I did not prewash it.. Big mistake.. It turned all three a pale green. They will be okay for donation, but not my original plan for the color.. Even the backing of bleached muslin dyed green.. Kermit is right.. It's not easy being green,..... But, green is a wonderful color .. so I won't cry.. Just go on to new quilts with a valuable lesson in pre wash.. pre wash ..pre wash...
Our version of a cool front here is 72 degrees. I have to laugh. The guys on the weather station.. talk about cool down.. It's just wonderful.. Right now.. Picks and more later.. I working on Bonnie's sunshine and shadow... but of course I only read about half of her directions and took off cutting and sewing so we'll see where we got with this one.. Thanks and hello to all of you who read and comment..VBS...

Comments:
Hi Sharon, ok I'm giggling...LOL NOW I understand the 'green' referance you made about the baby quilts. Oh you poor dear thing...yes, dark green, red, dark purple, dark blue and all most ALL blacks bleed when washed.
I prewash just to be sure I don't get a nasty surprise. So sorry you didn't know.

And about the Sunshine and Shadows quilt,it's so easy to just go back to Bonnie's and read the next step. Quite often I just leave the computer on that 'page', and then minimize it. It's easy to click it back to full size and check the picture or pattern.
I'm sure you will do just fine!!! Hugs for 72 degrees cool, Finn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?