Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 
Okay, tropical storm on the way. I can look out my loft window and see the clouds swirling in from the east and being pulled south.. So you know Ernesto is out there pulling all this moisture into his storm. I am ready or as ready as you can be for an unknown storm who has not always behaved the way the computer models told it to behave. Got cat and dog food, got buckets of water for the all important flushing of toilet went the power goes out. The refrig is full of bags of water in the freezer and the refrig has pitchers of water and bottles of water stuck in every free corner. I 've got camp stove and canned food. I'm making a batch of brownies. have to have stress food in case the winds get too crazy. My Katrine rescue Sophie is already hidding under furniture and very causious on our morning walk.. She was really upset with Wilma last year, but that was her third hurricane in two months.. Yes, she survived Katrine and Rita most likely on the street.. I sometimes wish she could tell us her story and find out what happened to her owners. But, somethings in life remain a mystery.

I've walked around my yard taking pictures . I'll hopefully post them later today. Then I will post the wind damage.. Yes, if it comes here there is always wind damage. After hurricane Francis it looked like some on took all the leaves off the trees and made this green mush plastered on the house and the east side of the tree trunks. But, than about a month later my yard bloomed like spring even though it was the first of November. So nature tried to recover itself. I kind of like it when the hurricane or tropical storms come during the day. To see the trees bend and fold in the wind is wonderful.. To hear that in the dark of night as the wind wipes and screams is hard for me. With Francis I was sure that it had only been winds, and some leaking into the house. But, to see the trees in our front yard riped in half and fallen was sad. Our wonderful cedar which was 20 feed tall was laying there sadly fallen.. But, lucky at that time no tree hit the house. My neighbor to the north still has trees that are half down hung up in branches .. I'm sure with any amount of wind they will come crashing down.. Hopefully avoiding the electric lines...

I want to get something done today.. so I have to do hand sewing if the electric goes out.. I should say when the electric goes out.. We are about 1/2 mile from a big sub station and are lucky that we always seem to be the first with power. But, when we lived in port malabar country club after hurricane David.. I think it was almost 2 weeks before we got power. Luckily we spent most of that time in a hotel with power and ate every meal out...There wasn't any help from FEMA for us then or for any of our friends..

Chain saw is ready and I've got bags to start the clean up.. So lets get this storm over with and we can get back to normal..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?