Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 
I just haven't got the pictures off my camera yet. Took shots of before this storm runs across my yard. There already is about 5 inches of water on half of my backyard from 10 inches of rain in the past week. I've got cattle egrets and some dark gray cranes feasting on who knows what. But, they sure are having fun. The dogs go crazy trying to catch these birds which don't even take off until the dogs are about 2 to 3 feet away. Wet pomeranians, and American Eskimo are so much fun. Hee.. Hee... towels aways wet around here.

Yes, I'm as ready as I can be for a tropical whatever. Got dog and cat food enough for three weeks.. Got extra drinking water enough for 4 days.. More than that and I guess I'm in trouble.. FEMA bring me water.. Got kitty litter pails by the toilets filled with water and a little clorox.. The all important flush when the power goes out. Got canned food... and a refrig full of stuff plus water and zip lock bags of water. Brought my orchards up on the porch out of the trees. So we now sit and wait. I'm trying to get a quilt to binding stage so I have something to hand sew if the power does go out.. Thank God we are not rushing to put the plywood on our windows. I should take a picture of my pile of plywood.... sitting on my porch..
So lets get this little storm over with...

Pictures tomorrow if the electric stays on... Lets hope this posts..

Comments:
Hi Sharon, *VBS* Thanks for stopping over at my blog. I feel like I've seen yours before, but can't be sure. I usually try to get over to the names of people that seem new to me..LOL Sometimes I succeed..LOL

So sorry that you are bracing for yet another hurricane. I know this year hasn't been bad so far, but after the past few years, that would just fine to have NONE!!

It really is a lifestyle adjustment that most of us northerners don't have a clue about. I suppose you get used to what needs doing, just as we do when a blizzard hits. But we don't have the property damage to deal with each time like you do.
Love the pic of your black and white friend, Booker? did I remember *S*
And the red,white and blue quilt is very pretty. Looks like it was fun to make. Hope you get the strips going on that quilt for Sept.9th pretty soon, or you'll be racing the clock. I'm terrible about deadlines! Stay safe, Hugs, Finn
 
Sharon, I'm glad you are ready for whatever comes. I know God will protect you as He has in the past. I'm like you - I like the storms to hit during daylight hours so I can see what is going on. Hearing it in the dark is no fun at all. I pray for safety over you and your household. Looking forward to seeing your pictures of your yard. Take care.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?