Saturday, July 01, 2006

 









Good Morning July 1, 2006
I'm sitting here wondering where to start ... I got my purple quilt called Road to Mandaville back from the Quilting Place. Wow!. Can't wait to get a good pic of it. The feather quilting makes the quilt. I left Theresa with two more.. my butterfly quilt which has the neck scarves from my former Cockerspanial Sgt. Grey.. Theresa also has the Red White and Blue quilt from those donated fabrics. It turned out to be 78 inches square. It with have stars quilted all over.. I'm excited.

But reflective. I sit here with Nasa Select Station on TV listen to every move an eyes semi glues to the shuttle. I have only missed seeing about three shuttle launches since the start of the shuttle program. It is awe inspiring and humbling, too. More anxious than in the past. These men and women climb into this big candle in the sky to further science and prove it can be done. How brave of them to have such fearless dedication .. Or maybe even with fear they know they are explorers of our time.

I've also spent the days since Tuesday following the flooding in Upstate NY and Pennsylvania... My aunt Tess passed on Tuesday afternoon. She had a good life. Was a good woman and tried to do her best for her son Robert and his family. She was always up for a party. I hope the brothers (2) and (2) sisters that are making it to her memorial service today.. Celebrate her with a party .. I'm sure they will.. they are Italians.. My mom couldn't make it .. We had talked and decide it was too much for her and most likely me . We both have fibromyalgia. Mom's much worse than I but we have traveled to Scranton before together and it was hard on both.. So to Aunt Tess... My two sister's were going to try and get there depending on the roads. Janis venturing down from Binghamton and Tami from Poughkeepsie.. Have a safe trip.. Toast a glass for us to Aunt Tess.

As to watching the flooding.. It brings back memories of other floods up there. I grew up there.. Seen the rivers over flow there banks changing the landscape. Our family always help friend evacuate there belongings from their home up to sit along Rt 97 and in this little garage with a little apartment over it. The water would lap at the foundation, but they survived. My brother still lives there. Talked to him and he had been out for three days helping. He is a volunteer Fireman...Has been doing this since he was 17 or 18.. Has been chief a couple of times. But, now as he gets older we all have to turn it over to the young guys.. It makes me want to go home and see everyone and see if I could help even with fibromyalgia..

But most likely not in this life time..

Chloe is on my lap.. She had a very bad day yesterday. She got herself wet in the dew in the morning and ran into the kitty litter again. What a mess with clumping litter.. She got another bath..Sophie just layed around under tables. French Fry had a quiet day.
So Geoff is on vacation and I'm off to assist in the repair of our lawn mower. I sit on it and wiggle levers and turn wheels. I do not like getting greasey.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?